Rendel Shortlisted For The British Construction Industry Awards 2016
Rendel, as part of the professional team has been shortlisted as a finalist in the "Temporary Works (Building)" category of the 2016 British Construction Industry Awards (BCIA) for Manhattan Loft Gardens (MLG).
MLG is a double-cantilevered, 42-storey tower of 248 luxury apartments and a six-storey, 150-room hotel designed by architects Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM) for Manhattan Loft Gardens Corporation. The unique 143-metre tall landmark tower features two cantilevers supporting three sky gardens giving unobstructed views across London.
Vardy Jones, managing director of Rendel said:
"We are very proud to be shortlisted for this award. The BCIA seeks to recognise excellence in project delivery and MLG presented a number of challenges for the temporary work design. The tower is in a particularly constrained site, just 10 metres from the top of Stratford International Station and High Speed 1 and two metres from Network Rail and High Speed 1's eight-storey car park."
Rendel's submission was made on behalf of the project team which includes:
- Rendel Ltd (as designer of the temporary works)
- Manhattan Loft Gardens Ltd (as the final client)
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM) (as architect and main designer)
- Bouygues UK (as main contractor)
- HS1 Ltd (that holds the High Speed 1 concession)
- Network Rail (High Speed) (which operates and maintains the railway, including responsibility for asset protection)
The winners will be announced at an award ceremony on 12 October at the Grosvenor House Hotel.