Rendel has been appointed by a Confidential Client to Prepare the Tender Designs and Erection Methodology for a D&B Mega Bridge Project in Saudi Arabia
Rendel has been appointed by a confidential client to carry out the tender design and erection methodology for a mega bridge project in Saudi Arabia.
As part of Jeddah’s expansion master plan, the two kilometre-long, 74m wide mega bridge, with a main span in excess of 200m, will link the newly developed North Obhur region to the city’s main transport links and form part of the main urban arterial road network.
Located north west of King Abdulaziz International Airport, the bridge is envisioned to have eight traffic lanes (four in each direction), two sidewalks and two elevated lanes of rail transit to carry the metro line.
Rendel will provide the following tender design services to the confidential client comprising leading international bridge contractors:
- Design of the main concrete bridge spanning the Obhur Creek using highly innovative construction methods
- Erection methodology for the main bridge and marine foundations
- Design and erection methodology for a number of other PC segmental bridges within the project
- Design and construction methodology for an 8-lane roadway tunnel
- Several kilometres of embankments, including those constructed using reinforced soil
- M&E designs
- Coordination for the production of the technical documentation
Sameer Khan, Director of Bridges and Structures, said "This appointment is another opportunity for Rendel to demonstrate our expertise in the design and build of iconic bridges and we are very proud to be entrusted with delivering the tender designs for this important addition to Jeddah’s infrastructure."
Rendel is an international project consultancy firm providing high end consultancy services to international contractors and clients on major engineering and construction project worldwide. Our global portfolio includes some of the world’s largest and most prestigious transport infrastructure projects including bridges, tunnels, highways, rail systems, ports and maritime facilities. We are providing design, engineering, independent checking, technical advisory and construction supervisory services in the UK and throughout Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and Australia. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Ingérop Group.