Rendel has been involved in highway schemes over many decades, including concept designs, feasibility studies, detailed engineering designs, procurement support, technical advice, construction supervision, technical audits, risk management and forensic engineering.
We have extensive design, procurement and construction phase experience using a variety of delivery models including conventional NEC and FIDIC contracts. Rendel has significant expertise with design and build (D&B) contracts, private finance initiatives and worldwide experience with PPP projects. Rendel also has the resources and experience to provide construction supervision services to public clients, private companies and international financial institutions.
Our highways design experience covers all types of roads and pavements including expressways, regional and local roads, urban roads and industrial access roads.
Roads and highways Capabilities
- Motorways and trunk roads
- Local access and feeder roads
- Road drainage including sustainable drainage design
- Pavement design including optimised whole of life pavement design
- Concept design, feasibility studies, tender design, detailed design for new, upgraded and rehabilitated roads
- Independent design review
- Technical audits
- Institutional capacity buildings
- PPP/PFI schemes
- 3D and BIM road modelling
- Construction supervision
- Expert witness services
Governance and Infrastructure Improvement under City Governance Project for Targeted Five City Corporations