As one of the world’s most respected international project consultancies, Rendel has maintained a leading role in the ports and maritime sector. We have skilled staff with expertise in all aspects of port planning and design, design of specialist terminal facilities, navigation and ship handling, coastal and oceanographic engineering, dredging and reclamation, and geotechnical analysis. Rendel’s capability and extensive track record in the ports and maritime sector is well recognised by major port operators, project promoters, financial institutions and investors and maritime contractors.
The design of container and general cargo handling systems influences the overall engineering solutions for developments such as port facilities, railways, freight depots and industrial complexes. Rendel ensures good planning and design is achieved by blending our experience and expertise with owners, operators and shippers. Factors considered include the handling characteristics of materials, efficient quayside layouts, and rating requirements of loading and unloading systems. We have applied our wide-ranging skills to related projects around the world to achieve lower operating costs, maximum utilisation of storage areas, lower maintenance costs and minimum impact on the environment.
We also have staff with expertise in contractual and commercial management, provided either as stand-alone services or through an overarching project management route, where other services including design and construction monitoring and control are provided. Professional services offered to our clients cover all stages of a project from initial conception through planning, evaluation, detailed design, financial planning and implementation.
- Container terminals
- Flood defences
- Dredging and reclamation
- Ports and terminals master planning
- Ground and marine site investigations
- Navigation and ship-handling studies
- Hydrodynamic and coastal process modelling
- Coastal and oceanographic engineering
- Geotechnical analysis
- Detailed design
- Berthing and mooring analysis
- Quality and risk management
- Value engineering
- Specification and procurement
- Roll-on/roll-off (Ro-Ro) terminals
- General cargo handling systems
- Industrial materials handling
- Freight movement planning
- Storage facilities
- Cranes, conveyors and other machinery
- Layout of terminals and warehousing